Thursday, April 12, 2012

Shakespeare

We have to perform a scene from Romeo and Juliet for english class. English class. We looked at the rubric in class and it has nothing to do with English! Why the heck are we performing for English? And this isn't the first thing we've had to memorize for that class. No, we had to memorize and recite a sonnet too. How is this going to help us in the future?
Oh yeah, I memorized a Shakespeare sonnet, wanna hear it?
No dummy, you're a lawyer. Shakespeare isn't going to help you in this murder case.
See my point? The only things Shakespearean literature will give you is...a lemme think:
No sleep, no sleep, and wait, NO SLEEP! Romeo and Juliet is a nightmare! Now, I'm not saying he isn't talented, because he is. No really, he is. The play is well written but frankly, Romeo is kinda a pain in the @$$. He's a rich spoiled depressed brat who whines about what he thinks is love. Idiot.
Haven't read enough of Juliet to really comment on her, but right now she sounds pretty freakin' awesome. Too bad she killed herself...
Guess what else we do in English? We learn history. That's right, we spent 2 1/2 55 minute class periods talking about background of Shakespearian times and plays. (I'm an English (as in British) history nut so I already knew a lot of the Elizabethan history) Plus, my hands like to take way more notes than necessary, so there I am, scribbling down everything that's pouring out my teachers mouth. Yeah, go ahead at say. I'm a stupid head.
Enough complaining. I had a track meet, again. Ran the 300 hurdles because this one was a make-up for the canceled one last week due to tornado weather. Didn't do so well. Right (I'm mean after the one heat of boys finished their 300 hurdles) I had to run a four by 2. A relay where everybody runs half a track lap. Apparently I did really well, gaining some space between me and the runners behind me. I was too busy trying to get my butt to the other person, I wasn't really thinking about how I was doing.  After that, I couldn't walk for the next five minutes because I had such a bad cramp. Wow, I'm complaining right now, but I promise I'll stop!! So we ended up winning second, yay!!
I'm happy to say I've gotten out of my writers block. I'm still stuck with my main story, but I've had this updating spree for another novel in progress called Disease Identify. Check it out. It's a spy story mixed with some flare and of course romance.
So, I'm heading outta town this weekend. Going to SeaWorld, not specifying which one, but I'm ready to have some fun. Yeah Shamu! (sp? probably)
See,  I told you I'd write a longer post so hah! Well, its not as long as my friend's, but compared to some of my other posts...
Ciao...

1 comment: